Wednesday, January 7, 2009

What an afternoon. All fourth graders - and fourth grades - are not created equal. It was amazing to me what these little critters couldn't do. Or more to the point, what they wanted me to do for them instead of them using their little brains and finding the answers for themselves. But I have seen it over and over again. In fact I will be in another fourth grade on Friday in another part of the county and I will see similarities.

I was reading chapters in a book to this little class today and there came a topic of parents loving their children equally or not. We talked for only a moment about this theme and decided --- well, I told them that I as a mother DO love my children equally. But that I love them in different ways. I will have to digext that one for a while. I know I have thought about it before. And frankly I would like to think that each of those boys thought I loved THEM the best, or most. That would indicate that I had spent some quality time with each of them singularly.

3 comments:

  1. I'd love with talk about what you observe in these schools as a teacher, when we get together next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids all know--at least I HOPE they know--that I love them best. And I do. Each one of them.

    Our email conversation in the last day has been hilarious. And that is why I love you best, too. And I love my other friends best too. I am hoping that is how our Heavenly Father loves us, too. Best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I just went back and read what I typed up there and realized there was a major disconnect between my brain and my fingers. And I can't edit it. I suspect you can figure out what I meant, tho.

    ReplyDelete