Monday, January 26, 2009

I remember a YELLOW ROSE

More to the point I remember the man who graciously handed out the yellow roses. It took me a little time to appreciated this man with the white beard. But the more interaction I had with him the more I came to respect him. One morning in the spring my friends and I were walking. We came to his cul de sac and walked in, to the end, and back out. On our way in we passed this brother who was out tending his roses. As we came back out he came to the road and greeted each of us with a rose. No words that I can recall; but what a lovely yellow rose. I will remember the gesture and continue to revere this man as a gentleman.

3 comments:

  1. The little things are the big things. Sometimes it takes so little to make the people around us happy. What a sweet gesture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thing I like about this gentleman is that he is who he is, no compromise, no apology. He is also a giver and wants to serve. I think that makes him happy and it makes me happy to watch from the sidelines.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful reminder this story is about how small kindnesses can blossom into beautiful flowers. Thanks for sharing that.

    ReplyDelete