Saturday, January 10, 2009

This morning I received a late Christmas present from a daughter-in-law. It almost redeemed the whole season. I have read it over now many times and cried with each reading. The book is titled: "My Grandchildren 2008" and on each page is a picture of a grandchild and a note, where possible, from that child saying what they like about grandma. A seven and a half year old wrote, sic, "I like grandma becuse she always plans a day for a family get together so when pepole live far away we can see them and she makes the most delisuse food." A five year old wrote, "I like going to grandma's house because there are lots of toe's, and she is nice, and she loves me."

The others were also great! But this is why. This is why I do what I do and feel the way I feel. This is why. I pray that my Heavenly Father will bless these wonderful children. And that they will continue to grow and understand and know. Know that their grandma loves them. Loves them each and loves them all.

3 comments:

  1. This is so tender I almost cried. I don't know why that five year old loves toes so much but isn't that cute? Your daughter-in-law obviously loves you a great deal to make such a wonderful gift. It makes all the work worthwhile. You are a great example for me. I love you and love your testimony and dedication.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a treasure you have been given! On days when you are feeling a little down,just get your book out and browse through it for a reminder of how much you are loved and appreciated. And how much you contribute to the lives of your loved ones. You are surely influencing those little people for good, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful to have those words to read again and again. All the energy, effort, and love you put into your family truly shows.

    ReplyDelete