Sunday, January 25, 2009

I promised another little bit for today. On Thursday evening I was at a screening for another LDS Lives show, this one for a pretty flamboyant music person from the sixties and seventies. After the showing there was a little reception and I helped my brother-in-law put out the goodies, serve the cake and generally hang around. After quite a bit of time I gathered up my coat and purse and looked in my bil's direction (he was chatting with the "star;" she was the chatter. And I began to sing "So long, farewell" from Sound of Music. The "star" looked my way and said, "Is that a hint? Is it time for me to go?"

So very embarrassed I apologized and said no that I was just saying good bye to my bil. She quit talking and walked away. Oh my. I put on my coat and headed for the nearest stairwell and exit door. I hope my bil will still talk to me. (Secretly I am thinking he was glad to be interrupted. At least I am surely hoping so.)

On the not so secret side, I got the distinct impression today that the contention part of the lesson was being hurled in my generall direction. One would say I am too touchy. But I am thinking I have grounds. Yep.

2 comments:

  1. WHAT contention part of the lesson? RS or SS? I don't remember a contention part and I was in both classes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm wondering what the LDS Lives show is. You'll have to tell me about it.

    ReplyDelete