Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I am a fool for punishment. Tomorrow I will again attempt to be a terrific substitute teacher. In the morning, at one school, I will have two classes of "gifted and talented" elementary school children. In the afternoon I will again play rotating sub in two classes --- two different grades. It worked ok last week so I have no reason to think otherwise for tomorrow.

A second grade teacher called this afternoon and asked if I would be willing to take her class for a week in February. I love to know this far ahead that I have enough work to keep me at the store, spending.

A two year old sang for me tonight "Baa Baa Black sheep na na na na more. Yessir yessir three bags four." I was giggling too hard to hear the rest but it was great. She was on one and sang several songs for us. Oh to have the candid camera crew getting all this down for posterity. Heck with posterity I want to see it again NOW so I can giggle some more.

Not bad for a Wednesday.

2 comments:

  1. What a fun post. I, too, want to hear the song and other ones, too. Aren't children wonderful? I guess we're all children, really, we just get so defensive that we don't dare make mistakes in front of other. That is UNLESS YOU ARE CONDUCTING IN RS. Good grief.

    Your assignment: Bring spring. Do what it takes. Report via the usual channels.

    Natashia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Need a video camera? You may borrow mine anytime. Those moments are the joy of life.

    ReplyDelete