Sunday, February 8, 2009

Today is Second Sunday Dinner at our house. We all come home and celebrate the birthdays of the month. This month, February, we celebrate JimBob, who has turned five; Miss Nicki, whose age can't be revealed unless she tells me I can; Sir John, who has the distinction of becoming one this year; my sister-in-law who knows how to play games and have tons of fun and laughter and makes puppy chow; My favorite fifth son, FireFighterMan, who loves his wife and beautiful children, loves triathalons and his dog, and still knows it's important to love mom---so he does.

There will be a cacauphonous rendition of happy to you that can only be rendered by those who truly know how to sing. Since two of my guys sang with Vocal Point, and the rest inherited same qualities, you can imagine what they COULD sound like if they wanted to make me cry (which has happened).

I usually fix roast, potatoes, gravy and such; or lasagna, salad, garlic bread;and a variety of other menus, but later today they will be greeted by a potato bar! You will have to stay tuned to see if they think that is a meal fit for a family or not.

Always a cake decorated with M and Ms. Homemade chocolate frosting (with lots left over so they can 'spoon' before dinner!)

Today there will be 22 for dinner with an additional 4 to 10 more coming for ice cream and cake. It's crowded (no, really?) but very satisfying to have family around.

4 comments:

  1. Your big family get together for birthdays sounds like lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you see my greenness? Green all the way to the eyeballs. Green under the fingernails and green at the roots of the hairline. We get together not often enough for me. And when we sing Happy to You'ness it sounds awful and at least the boys can sing--they ham it up the worst. So, I am happy for you the most-est and am just a bit green. And, holy moley, you probably know how to pronounce cacophonous . yes, the green is just oozing from the very pores.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You truly are lucky to have your family close so you can make weekly and sometimes daily memories with them. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It should be pointed out that the favorite fifth son is in reference to a previous post in which all sons were designated as favorite sons; hence the second and clarifying adjective - fifth. I wanted to point this out so that I wouldn't be sold into Egypt and have my many-colored coat rent and stained with goat blood. But you are my favorite mom. We love you.

    ReplyDelete