Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Days 2 and 3

Because of card class last night I didn't "blog" and so here are two for one days. Not that it matters. Second day was still ok; until I found out on the third day (today) that a mom who had helped in the class Tues morning has complained to the principal that I was too mean to the children. I spoke too harshly. As an obvious result (now that I know this) that little boy didn't come to school today and probably won't the rest of the week. Oh well ...

Today we fell apart, probably at the seams. Hopefully we can mend some of those seams by tomorrow. One girl, after lunch, sat in her chair and cried---first tears, then sobs, then heaves, then wails. I took her by the hand and led her to the office where I left her in the capable hands (since mine are most assuredly not) and mom was called and came and collected poor dearie and took her home---where I am most certain she was not made to be responsible for anything. I can't wait to see some of these children in about ten to fifteen years. I hope they aren't taking care of older folks then. Another girl was crying quietly. I never found out what her problem was. These two tearing up the place made a boy cry who told me it made him miss his uncle who died many years ago. Oh, Please! I want to go home.

Well, tomorrow I have pledged to leave ALL lectures home and come only prepared to teach the lessons. I quake to think what this promise really means. But I will truly try.

And then Friday is the Valentine's party and I don't even know what to expect from that. I wish me luck. Who knows when I will come up for air again.

No comments:

Post a Comment